Partnerships and Growth Manager
Full time (40 hours per week) | REMOTE
Location. This is a REMOTE vacancy. It is possible to work from anywhere as long as you are able to work in Fix The Status Quo’s working hours (CET zone). You must hold a valid residence permit for the country you want to work in. We do not offer any visa sponsorship.
Duration of contract. 12 months, with possibility of extension into a permanent contract. Full or part-time (24-32 hours/week)
Closing date for applications. Sunday, 25 September 2022
Starting date. 15 October 2022. Or earlier, if we find the right candidate. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
About Fix The Status Quo
Fix the Status Quo enables digital campaigning in simplified, efficient and resourceful ways. Our vision is for radical change in society in a progressive, intersectional, feminist, antiracist and sustainable direction. Our role within that is to make online campaigning easier and more effective. We are a team of technologists, campaigners and mobilisers working on innovations to transform campaigning. We create and promote easy-to-use digital tools, and advance a diverse digital community of progressive changemakers. We work with nonprofits, progressive political parties and candidates, informal advocacy groups and community organisers.
Our digital campaign toolkit Proca makes campaigning seamlessly efficient, privacy-friendly and lightning fast. The Proca widget can be embedded on any website and used for several campaigning actions such as signing petitions, ECIs, mail-to-target campaigns, social media campaigns and more. Supporter sign-ups can be collected and stored securely, actions taken are tracked so you can see what works well, and social media share options can be easily integrated. Our action processing software has leading performance, state of the art privacy features (encryption of personal information, GDPR compliance) and extensibility (built using Elixir, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ).
Since our launch in 2020, Proca has been used by 250 nonprofits and powering 60 campaigns in 36 languages and have collected 1.8 million actions across Europe, Asia and the Americas.
We are looking for a Partnerships and Growth who has experience on digital campaigning, ideally in a multi-country context. The ideal candidate will have a mix of strategy, sales and community building experience. You will work to guide organisations through successful campaigns using Proca, from coaching their staff on ‘how to use’ Proca and sharing best practices, to hosting webinars and adapting to the changing contexts of campaigns.
The position entails a versatile and agile portfolio. You will be supporting the campaigns of some of the biggest NGOs in the world, or coalitions of more than 50 NGOs in 20 different languages, engaging millions of supporters. You will also be hand holding grassroots organisations on petitions collecting a few hundred signatures.
- Support client through the full campaign lifecycle, from onboarding to invoicing and developing case studies
- Lead client relationship building – write emails, make phone calls, give Proca demos, use your tact, negotiation and presentation skills to turn leads into satisfied customers
- Take over leads acquired by other team members from Fix The Status Quo and assist through the contract closing process
- Oversee campaign implementation – deep dive with nonprofits and other clients for campaign delivery, identify opportunities to use new campaign tactics, provide web-based training, and be a problem solver
- Drive client retention – stay in touch, develop offers concurring with client needs and campaign portfolio, nurture trust and close relationships
- Provide backstopping support to Fix The Status Quo team – remove obstacles in collaboration, triage problems and direct clients to tech support, when necessary
- Provide support for the development of case studies of successful campaigns
- Document workflows, identify paths for improvement and contribute to Fix The Status Quo strategy for sales, marketing and customer relationship management
Required qualifications, skills and experiences
- 1-3 years of experience in an account management/community support role or equivalent experience in a B2B startup, SaaS, nonprofit or consulting agency
- Results-driven strategic thinker, who takes interest in connecting data, processes, and your knowledge for improving business performance
- Self-starter and hands-on mentality that makes you a reliable team member
- Proactive, highly organised and ambitious – you get things done
- Excellent project management and networking skills
- Flair for communication (native skills or full working proficiency in English is required). You should be able to write excellent copy and communicate persuasively in person, on phone and in written form.
- Passionate about advocacy, campaigning, civil society engagement and nonprofit management
- Active interest in and awareness of latest developments and campaigns in the political activism landscape
Desirable, but not necessary
- IT Management and Systems Administration experience
- Other languages (especially Spanish, German or French)
- Experience working with nonprofits, advocacy coalitions or political offices on campaigns
- Experience working in a remote first organisation
We offer a gross monthly salary of EUR 2,800 for a full-time position (40 hours/week), plus
- Fully remote job, with flexible work hours
- Working closely in a small team on a new product – you can unleash your creative potentials and establish your own niche as product owner!
- Work with progressive alliances and nonprofit sector leaders as clients on topics ranging from climate change, human rights, nature conservation and more.
Hiring process and timeline
We are not looking for any formal education requirements or experience. If this role sounds interesting to you, and if you think you have what it takes, then we want to hear from you!
Fix The Status Quo encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We offer, upon request, accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the application, interview, and hiring process. If you have any questions regarding this position, please send your query or any special application accommodation requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply. Fill out the form below.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, 25 September 2022. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis and hence early applications are strongly recommended.
September 25: Applications close.
September 15-30: We will contact selected candidates to schedule initial interviews. The interviews will last 45 minutes, and will be conducted by the founders of Fix The Status Quo. In the week following the interview, candidates will be requested for a written assignment (45 minutes).
October 3-7: We will make an offer.
October 17: We would like to have the selected candidate start by this date, or earlier.
Fix The Status Quo is an equal opportunity employer and strives to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from all kinds of backgrounds to build a diverse team in which all social and minority groups are represented.
Fix The Status Quo is committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organisation and to Equal Opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re- assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity.